Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

Well, I was tagged to do this on Facebook, and it seemed fun. So here you go...

1. I am married to my high school boyfriend, and I am still in love with him.
2. We have 5 terrific kids.
3. I have been to the Taj Ma Hal.
4. I grew up in the D.C. area and took for granted that I could go to the Smithsonian any time I wanted to. Now I miss it.
5. I have climbed the Great Wall of China, and been to the Temple of Heaven and the Forbidden City.
6. I still have my 2 best friends from childhood, and I like them more now as grown women than I thought possible.
7. Holding my oldest son as a newborn taught me more about God's amazing love for us than any Sunday School class ever did.
8. I am proud of my "little" sister, and the woman that she is today.
9. I work 3 nights a week 6pm - 6am so I can be with my kids during the week.
10. I like my husband now better than I did before we got married, and he is a terrific hubby and father.
11. I am proud of my mom and all that she has accomplished since dad died.
12. I have the greatest in-laws any woman could ask for.
13. I went to the Berlin Wall the June after it came down, and brought home little pieces of it.
14. I love to travel internationally.
15. I plan on filling up my passport (and Scott's) with travel visas and stamps before they expire.
16. I enjoy grad school, and learning.
17. I read the Wall Street Journal online every day.
18. I like my coffee with milk and splenda.
19. My dream cruise would be to Antarctica.
20. Green plants do not survive long at my house. I have a very brown thumb.
21. One day I'd like to get a PhD.
22. I am currently working on a Master's Degree in Public Affairs.
23. I believe that everyday people can make a huge impact to change our world for the better, more so than any big celebrity or politician ever could.
24. I plan on "retiring" early so I can spend my time working to deliver international humanitarian relief after my kiddos are grown.
25. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Jillienne said...

Very nice, I was tagged to do this also, I think I will "borrow" the idea and post on my blog too!